Second Sunday of Advent—December 6, 2020
Cantor: Oyenos, mi Dios.
- For the whole church, that we may be open to God’s loving, tender presence in our lives. With open hearts, we pray.
- For a world deeply in need of tenderness and comfort; for those who have never experienced this and seem far from it. With open hearts, we pray.
- For those who believe God has abandoned them, who doubt promises of newness or hope…who live in incomprehensible darkness. With open hearts, we pray.
- For health care workers and social workers, counselors and pastors and all who work to provide comfort—especially to those afflicted in any way by Covid. With open hearts, we pray.
- For openness to the loving compassion of our mother and sister, Mary, whose feast days we celebrate this week. With open hearts, we pray.
- For a spirit of quiet hope in this community as we remain separated–especially among the sick, the dying and the grieving; and for the generosity to console one another and those who need us in this sacred corner of the city and beyond. With open hearts, we pray.
- We pray now for our own concerns; and for hope in Jesus’ healing presence among us (Pause). For all these things, we pray,